Saturday, July 18, 2020

Looking Back a Year

I got to wondering a little while ago, as I was cleaning up the kitchen, what the kitchen looked like a year ago. The blog comes in handy for me when I want to know what was happening at a certain time in the last eleven and a half years that I've been blogging...it acts as a diary for me. I can head to the date or at least the month and find out pretty much what was happening. On this date last year the kitchen was really taking shape...still no refrigerator and still no running water...so had neither a working sink or dishwasher. But both of those things would happen the next day. So I was close to being a very happy camper! I would no longer have to go upstairs to the bathtub to wash my dishes!!! I'm very glad that the remodeling is a year behind us! Glad to be where I am today...continuing to enjoy my new...well, not so new now...kitchen! Still feels new to me! Update on Wade's mother isn't as good as I wish that it were. She isn't doing all that great today. She continues to have low blood pressure so hasn't been able to get up yet. She also had to have a transfusion today. Melany spent several hours with her today and she said that she was a bit more confused than she had been...but that she did answer all the questions that the doctor asked her except for the name of the hospital that she was in...she just knew that she was in the hospital and that it was in Murfreesboro...in that respect passed the doctor's test! Wade is spending time with her this evening. They will only let two people visit over a 24-hour period...at different times. And, the one person can't take a break and go back to her room. Covid 19 certainly makes things more difficult! I made book requests for Woody as he finished the two paperbacks that the Hastys brought him and is about finished with the last of the public library books that I got for him a couple of weeks ago. I got a call from the library that they had them ready for me to pick up and we set up a time for me to get them. That was my only time to leave our driveway in several days...I guess since last Saturday when I got our groceries. We are still very much sheltering at home! Woody spent a good portion of the afternoon on the front porch reading and watching the birds and other activities in our neighborhood. I did cook a pork roast this afternoon...something that sounds and seems to appeal to Woody these days. His appetite has definitely lessened and he only wants to eat things that he really likes...Feench toast, corn on the cob...sometimes jello with fruit in it...always cookies...though, even those seem to hang around longer than they used to. He has enjoyed the limeade that I made the simple syrup for earlier in the week. He has enjoyed a glass of limeade while he sits on the front porch. Also I managed to get some peaches that have ripened and taste good to him. I am not having to cook quite as much as I had been for a while...guess a respite for the moment. I'm hoping that his interest in food picks up once he is on dialysis. I have a feeling that it will since he has been told that he will be able to eat a more "normal" diet then. Again, as with most things, time will tell! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment