Thursday, July 9, 2020

I Think It's Thursday?

The days seem to be muddling together. Today hasn't had anything happen that "says" it is Thursday. Our pastor does a Thursday Bible study at noon...but didn't have one today...so nothing has happened to distinguish Thursday from any other day! It continues to be very hot and humid. I did do a little church library business today...I wrote a memorial book letter this morning and got it in the mailbox to be picked up by the mailman. I decided today was the day to squeeze limes and see if there was enough juice to make the base for limeade. I decided that it was "meant" for me to make the base as there was exactly the amount of juice that the recipe called for. I made a I made a simple syrup base and it is in the fridge ready to make glasses of limeade. I did have a glass and it tasted very good and refreshing. I decided that it ws time to harvest the two ichiban eggplants that had grown to a good size. This is a slender Japanese eggplant. I made a recipe that was meant for this type of eggplant...we had that as a side dish tonight. Tasted pretty good. I don't know if we will have any more of these eggplants or not...no evidence of any more at the moment. Our little grape tomatoes are ripening. I have harvested a few of those and eaten several. Isaac and Joseph also like to harvest those and pop one in their mouths. Nathan and Kathy's blueberry bushes are really producing...the bushes are so tall that it is hard for them to harvest them without a ladder! Woody has stayed inside today...avoiding the excessive heat, I guess. He has read, done crossword puzzles, watched a bit of TV and just sAt around keeping cool...though the heat doesn't bother him as much as it does me. I'm heading down now to finish cleaning up the kitchen mess...waiting for the kitchen to cool down a bit. I mainly hang out upstairs these days since Woody can't stand to have the AC on downstairs. I did work a bit on some sewing designs this afternoon...still looking for the one that I will put on a t-shirt. I guess I have too many designs since I keep looking for the perfect one! Melany has been waiting to hear what is in store for her school for the coming school year. It looks like they will be returning and all will be a ring masks. I think that I understand Tullahoma schools are planning to also return...not sure about masks there. Nashville said that their schools will be virtual till at least Labor Day. So all different plans for schools across our state. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment