Monday, December 19, 2022

A Barn Trip???

Just for a few minutes on my way back to Vanderbilt with Nathan, I thought that I was on a barn trip! We had to take a detour around construction on the Interstate and traveled along a back road for about five miles. All of a sudden I realized that I was seeing barns. I have my camera with me, but it wasn't handy so grabbed my phone and snapped this on the way by! Shortly after this we got back on the Interstate and left most of the barns behind...or a ways off to the sides of us. We got back to the hospital before his dialysis was finished. He is doing well according to the report from Melany! They have removed one of his drains. The doctors say that medically he is a out ready to be dismissed. But that it may take a while to get him placed in a rehab center. We have to see a case worker to get that ball rolling and so far we haven't. Again, we are working on Vanderbilt time! He's still not eating much and probably sleeping less. He is dozing now. Someone came and wrapped his leg and out the brace on so he could have PT, but so far PT hasn't happened today. I'm sure that a three-hour stint on the dialysis machine doesn't make it easy to fit him into their schedule! He still doesn't have a clear mind. The dialysis guy reminded us, again today, that it takes much longer for drugs, etc. to clear from a dialysis patient's body. Melany said that he isn't talking nonstop today as he had been. Hopefully he's heading in the right direction. Still a long road ahead of him. On the way back, I received a call from the garage door installer. His comment that the order was really old! I said that considering that it was given to us at Christmas last year that, yes, it was probably an old order! We actually have a date for installation...January 13th...Friday the 13th...when he heard our problems with the length of time he said that maybe we didn't want it done on the 13th. I told him the 13th was fine. We hung up amd shortly after that he called again...checking to br sure that the door opener was on the premises...I said, "yes," that I had been stubbing my toe on it for a year! He also checked to see if we had had an electrician install an electrical plug. I told him "yes"mfor that too. I told him I did it immediatley so I wouldn't be the cause of a slowdown! So I think that everything is squared away for installation day! Going back to Vanderbilt time...most of the time it is in slow motion, but I recall that things really speed up shen it comes to discharge...you think that it will be several days and suddenly it is happening before you expect. Of course, this time discharge depends on having found a rehab facility that has a bed for him. We'll sit back amd wait! Weather report is saying possible snow later in the week and extreme cold temps later in the week and the weekend. Brrrrrr! Wind chill below zero! Double brrrrrrrrr! I figure they will dismiss him on the coldest day or the snowy day! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment