Wednesday, December 28, 2022

He's In…Like Flynn!

The transfer happened very easily. We were told 10am and The Life Flight Ground Ambulance folk walked into Woody's room at 9:55am. Melany had made a trip or two to the car to get all our "stuff" in her car so we could be on our way once they picked up Woody. The rehab facility is only 7 minutes from Vanderbilt. The ambulance did beat us there and had him in his bed and were coming out the front door when Melany and I were going in so we got to thank them. Woody was all smiles when we came into his room. He was pleased with his room and said that I had done a good job in what I signed up for! Phew!!! I just hope he feels the same once they get going with his rehab! Everyone we met was very nice. His room is a good size and it is private, which he wanted. They do have dialysis on the premises...may even do it in his room. As Melany and I were leaving they were bringing him his lunch...hope he liked it. It was my understanding that he was released on a regular diet...we will see if the facility will honor that. I told the person who was in charge of paperwork that we needed to put some meat on his bones! I don't think that he was too happy with me when I left, but I will go back in a couple of days to take him some things that he needs/wants and check on him. Goals aren't all that high...just get back to doing what he was able to do before...Teach Sunday School, lead prayer meeting, do the limited moving around that he did in the house before...to do ALL that he must regain strength...a lot of strength! Melany took me back to her house and Wade,Melany, Erin and I lunched on some of their wonderful Christmas leftovers. Nathan came and picked me up at Melany's house and took me home! There's no place like home!!!!! It's good to be sitting in my recliner and not the hospital's recliner! Mine's cushy! It's good to putter around at home! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment