Friday, December 23, 2022

Same Song Second Verse

Well, we don't know a lot more than yesterday! The first of his caretakers came in and said that she had seen that Woody was going tonbe discharged today. News to us! I wasn't too excited since the roads were icy. But if they had a place for Woody so be it...but I was questioning it since Woody had gotten really nauiseated in the night and was sick multiple times. Soon after the first caretaker came in, the first two doctors came in, And, they started talking aboutna test tomorrow if his nausea didn't improve, I told them that we had just been told that he was being discharged today. He said, that since he was sick in the night that they wouldn't discharge him. I exoected that we might see social worker or at least get a message as to which rehab had accepted him. But...no word from anyone today. This afternoon, I decided that maybe I could find out something from our Fresenius nurses as the social worker mentioned calling one of them. So I texted both of them asking what they knew. The word back was that they still didn't have a rehab place for Woody yet and that Vandy would get back with our Fresenius nurse on Monday. So I believe that we are in limbo...still! Woody is doing fairly well, except for his eating and being able to get up...in the bed too much! Today his nausea has been held at bay...though he says that when he eats he feels like he might and often gets to coughing...perhaps a swallowing problem? He entered Vanderbilt two weeks ago today...so this is the start if our third week!!! Oh, my! It looks like we will spend Christmas here...two more days to work on his eating! Funny thing...I ordered his dinner early...but it took close to two hours to get here...I called and they said it would get here shortly. It came and wonly oartly right...today he doesn't get the usual choices because they are short handed due to weather so he is just getting what they have chosen for renal diets. Well, what they told us would come didn't come and the one thing that he wanted was a cherry ice dessert and it didn't come. So I called and they brought him some. So at that point two deliveries from nutrition. A little while ago...the tray that I ordered at a little after 4pm arrived...so three deliveries. Guess they are trying to fatten him up...he just isn't cooperating! Hopefully his appetite will pick up! They are giving him a medicaton to quell his nausea...our care partner from last night is back and just came in and gave him some of that med. He saidnhe learned from last night tongive him nausea meds! They did a lot of changing of blankets and gowns in the middle of the night! I guess Woody will get dialysis tomorrow...hope that it is a better treatment than yesterday's. He started feeling nauseated during the treatment and never felt great after. I have a feeling it will be a pretty quiet weekend...not a lot goes on...especially with it bring Christmas weekend! I'm guessing we see the mimimum of doctors and none of the extras except for dialysis. We will just stay in the room and twiddle our thumbs. I plan to donsome more reading. I have finished two books and am getting into the third one. Woody has just about finished all the crossword puzzles that Wade and I printed off for him. His mind is getting clearer...but not totally clear yet. To Be Continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment