Thursday, December 8, 2022

Getting the Runaround

I don't have a lot to report tonight. Today, I spent trying to get someone to see Woody or something...at this point nothing...each doctor contacted said to contact someone else. Usually Woody's personal care physician was recommended. Well...he hasn't seen her in a while and I was told his file was inactive so he would have to come as a new patient. That would have been fine...BUT...there is a waiting list...so...I did message the doctor because I know she considers him her patient as we always talk about him when I see her and she is up to date on what is going on as she gets sent things from the other doctors. I haven't heard back from her, but there is a niggling at the back of my mind that today may be her day off and that she comes in for at least part of the day on Friday. So we wait! We do have a back-up plan if he gets to feeling really badly: hospital ER, if he is admited then the hospitalist will treat him. Dr. O or someone on call for him would be the ones to order dialysis which would be adminstered at the hospital. So time will tell what we will do and where we will be! Dialysis was a little rough today, as his back hurt due to having to sit still and pretty much in one place for the 3+ hours. But we got another treatment under our belts and we go on from there tomorrow. Woody has felt a little better today and has managed to keep food down...a big improvement! He had a very rough night. But thus afternoon and so far this evening all is quiet on the western front and I have been able to work on finishing the Christmas gifts that I have stitched. I am in the middle of one and realized that I hadn't blogged yet. So here it is! Last night wrote it early and then forgot to hit the publish button! So I will say, "Tis the season!" and sign off in my usual manner! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment