Saturday, December 31, 2022

Good Bye 2022!

Look what arrived today...a little treat that I ordered during our hospital stay. We saw a piece on the news about this ornament and Woody told me to order it...and I did! this commerates the first Christmas gingerbread display in the White House at Christmas...an addition to White House traditions by Pat Nixon back in 1971. It has a gingerbread fragrance! I just don't understand how 2022 came to an end so quickly. Time is certainly flying...and, Indon't think that I am having that much fun...but then I remember that it seems to fly even when I'm not having fun! All in all is has been a pretty good year...and we have both sirvived another year! I can't report much on Woody today. I did try to call him, but he didn't answer...maybe he was sleeping...maybe he just wasn't able to maneuver to pick up the phone...or maybe, just maybe, I was interrupting a football game just like he said I would! Tomorrow I will be hitching a ride with Nathan, Kathy and family to go to church. The plans have changed as to which church we are going to...not ours...Nathan got a call to substitute for a preacher in an outlying town and we will all go there for church. After he finishes preaching, we will all load up in their big van and head Wade's, Melany's, and Erin's way to celebrate our family Christmas minus Woody. We will add one in as Abigail's boyfriend will be joining us. Woody and I won't be giving our gifts tomorrow as Woody chose most of the gifts this year and wants to see everyone open them...hope that can happen before too much longer! I plan to spend the night at Melany's. Melany, Erin, Brooke, and I plan to visit Woody on Monday after he is finished with dialysis. On our way to see him, we might get a little shopping in! Always good to kill two birds with one stone...right!?! I had a very enjoyable day. I did some things around the house first thing this morning...the vacuum hadn't been run in a while amd probably needed to be fed! I think that it is much happier after running over the floors in a couple of downstairs' rooms! I know that I feel better having done it! I put away a couple of loads of wash and washed the quilt that we have on Woody's bed...so it will be all fresh and clean whenever he is able to return! Plus taking the quilt off turns the couch back into a couch instead of a bed. I got the kitchen straightened out...put some dishes that reside up high away...that always takes a bit more effort and a stool or step-stool! I worked some more on preparation for ornament finishing. I almost have the AZ gifts complete...just one hold out...my sister's ornament. I plan to work on that this evening. Once I have made progress on it, I plan to stitch the Old Year out and the New Year in. This afternoon, I had a nice year end visit with my friend Jo. She brought some yummy burgers over and we chatted and ate...nice way to see the old year out! To be continued. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment