Tuesday, December 27, 2022

About to be Sprung!

Things started hopping a little after lunch. Woody was still having dialysis in his room. Nathan, Kathy, and crew were heading Vanderbilt way, as was Melany. Melany was coming to spend the night and Nathan, Kathy and family were going to pick me up to go home for the night. And...then...I got a call from the social worker. She said that she had found two possible rehabs for Woody and that both had dialysis on their premises. The Nashville one has private rooms, which Woody prefers. I siad, "Go for it! It's time tonget his rehab started!" So she called the Nashville place first and they had a spot and were agreeable to take him. I said, "Okay." And the ball started rolling...pretty fast, at that. He can enter tomorrow. I called Nathan and Kathy to see where they were on the interstate. They were at a good exit to take and head Tullahoma way instead of Vandy. Melany was already more than half way here, so she kept coming. I didn't know if I would need to do paperwork today or not. I called the rehab place and they will send me paperwork by email and I will it out online and email it back. He had to have a Covid test...done and passed! I was told not long ago that an ambulance will be picking him up at 10am to transport him to the rehab place. It won't be a very long trip this time as it is fairly close to Vanderbilt. After dialysis and all these messages, a doctor came in and removed Woody's stitches. So everything is falling into place for a move to rehab. I was told by the rehab folk that I can stay there with him, but I told them not at first as I needed a break after being in the hospital for 2-1/2 weeks with him! Even Woody agreed that I need a rest! So Melany and I are spending the night tonight...double the care for the night! He is very tired tonight...didn't sleep well last night, dialysis today, etc. He has already had us turn off his light so he can go to sleep. Tomorrow will be a busy day for him. It will go better if he is rested...I hope! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment