Thursday, December 1, 2022

Waiting & Holding

Well, we waited all day for our supplies to be delivered...then I sat on hold for forever trying to find out why! And, still don't have the answer. I am to call back in the morning, since it was after hours when I made the call. The person I talking to was oncall, but the folk in charge of in-home deliveries had no one on call. I asked what time I should call so she would have time to get an answer and she told me. I then had to ask whose time zone...She thought that TN was on same time zone as the east coast. I had to explain that only part of TN is on eastern time, that I am on central. She was surprised! Guess I taught her something with my call! It has been a pretty day...what with me checking quite frequently to see if the courier might be here. I did put a note on the door that told that if I didn't answer the door when the courier knocked to call my cell phone and gave my number. We can't hear the doorbell or knocks when back in the family room with TV and all the machines running. I have cooked...made chicken noodle soup this morning, meatloaf this evevening and will put together the ground pork and ingredients to make Woody's breakfast sausage, when I finish publishing the blog. I have a feeling that my eyes will close pretty early tonight. I'm looking forward to sinking into my recliner! Dialysis went well again today. We did get one alarm, but I am learning what to do with several of them...they aren't life threatening so I just do a little adjusting of the dialysis lines and then get the pump back to running. If all is okay the alarms will remain silent...if there is still a problem, the alarm will sound again...more adjustments, etc. I think that Woody is feeling better today...still doesn't feel the greatest. Tomorrow will be busy. He gets his catheter taken out in the morning, has Keytruda in the afternoon, and after those appointments we will do his dialysis. Usually he isn't home from the Oncology clinic until around 3...I will have things set up to the point that it's okay to do early...then finish with the setup once he gets home. I had to make a dialysate batch this afternoon...that is still making as I type this. Well, I guess it is back to the kitchen. I will put together the sausage ingredients and let them refrigerate overnight and cook them in the morning. Woody is settled in for the night. I'm ready to be! 'Tis the season! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment