Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Day Off…Too Short!

Isn't that the way it is...something that you enjoy goes by too fast!?! Today, one of our days off this week, seems to have gone by in a blink. I have accomplished almost all that I planned...at least all but one thing on my list of things that I wanted to get done today. The thing not done is to wash MY clothes. That still may happen...at least get a load washed and then put them in to dry in the morning. The one thing that I definitely wanted to do was change the front porch from Fall to Winter which I did manage to do. I also brought in all the Fall items and put them all away with my other Fall decorations...so they arr in storage bins and back in the closet till next Fall. Good jobs accomplished. A guest could now sleep on the guest bed once again. Inside Fall decorations had been resting on the guest bed till I brought in what was on the porch. We did do two dialysis tasks today. It was time to change the dressing on the dialysis catheter that he is no longer using. The other task was to flush both the arterial and venous lines. That should be the last time that job will need to be done. That catheter is to be taken out on Friday. Friday will be a busy day...catheter taken out in the morning here in Tullahoma at the surgeon's officr...Keytruda at Oncology in Tullahoma in the early afternoon...and, dialysis once he gets home from Keytruda! Head spinning already! Woody has felt better today...he is beginning to think that it may be a stomach virus. He made it fine all day up until just a little while ago and he got sick again. Hopefully it has about run its course and hopefully I won't get it! I have washed quite a few loads of clothes today...reason that my clothes haven't made it downstairs yet. It has bren a busy day and I must say I have enjoyed the time off. Woody enjoyed not having to be connected to any machines today. All in all it has been a pleasant day...no storms...lots of sunshine after lots of rain yesterday and on into the night. Temperatures are once again going to drop down into the 20s. We're all closed in for tonight and plan to keep warm. I washed lots of throws today so Woody has lots of clean snuggly covers for tonight! And, now I guess we bid good-bye to November and see what the turning of the calendar page has in store for us in the coming month. 'Tis the Season! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment