Thursday, November 3, 2022

A Sticking Situation!

I've just gotten home from eating out with my Sunday School class at a Mexican restaurant here in town. We had a food turnout and enjoyed the food and fellowship. When I was explaining the latest with Woody. She said that it sounded like a "sticky situation." I told her that she had helped me with tonight's blog title. I decided to use "sticking" instrad of "sticky," but she got my brain working toward a title. I kept thinking last night that thrre must be a play on words somewhere out there to describe what we are attempting to do. If it weren't for the sticks, all goes pretty smoothly...seems more smooth than when we were using the catheter. It is still very nerve wracking for me to do the sticks. The nurse helped me with the first stick...I made the graft sort of roll the way I was holding next to the graft. But the 2nd stick, I guess I did on my own...she said I did at least...so guess I will believe her! At this point, I still dread the sticks! Two a day, five days a week for as long as we do this at home. I'm ready for the point when a stick is "no big deal." But for the moment it continues to be a big deal. "Just" two more sticks this week and we will have Saturday and Sunday off. I also gave Woody his anemia shot today. I guess I don't get as good a grade this time. As I was pushing the medicine in, he jumped and the needle popped out...well, he got most of the med! Hopefully I will do better with the next one! I'm pretty tired...ready for our training to come to an end for the week. After lunch today, I ran a couple of errands...Credit Union, voted, stopped at the grocery store down the street to get the ground pork for Woody's breakfast sausage, and stopped at our drugstore for prescriptions for each of us...then home. I did do a little cooking prep today during dialysis. I had bought red, yellow,orange, and green bell peppers. I chopped some and sliced some for upcoming recipes amd popped them in the freezer. Then I got the ingredients out to make Woody's Sweet Red Pepper sauce that he uses instead of catsup. I made that after I got home from errands. I didn't have the time to get the mess all cleaned up before I headed out to eat...so that faces me now. Woody is dozing on the couch...I don't know if he even knows that I am home. Well, tomorrow is another sticking day...oh, boy...Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment