Friday, November 11, 2022

Veteran's Day 2022

I have known from the time that I took a photo of this headstone that this would be my Veteran's Day blog photo. Marie and Carolyn had found this small cemetary along the roadside on one of the barn trips that I wasn't able to go along. They told me that they would take me back on another of our excursions...and they did! It was a very quaint cemetary, but this stone of a Revolutionary War soldier stood out as the most unique. Our day has gone well once again. His dialysis treatment went very smoothly. I managed to do both sticks without much trouble...still had a little trouble getting the arterial needle in...the tech checked to make sure that it was positioned correctly and turned the pushing back over to me...and I did get it in. The venous needle gives me a lot less trouble and I got that one positioned totally on my own...on our way to independance from nurses and techs...could be good...could be bad! It is so nice to realize that we don't have to do another dialysis treatment until Monday! Two whole days off! I decided that today was the day that I would go to the grocery store. We were going to run out of a couple of essentials before Monday so I decided today was the day to replenish them...and since I was going, I just turned it into a regular shopping day. Boy! was Kroger packed with people. I don't usually go on Friday...and I now know that it is a good day to avoid! But I managed to get in and out with what we needed and probably a few items that we didn't REALLY need! The groceries are put away and a meatloaf for Woody's sandwiches just came out of the oven. During treatment today, I managed to do some sewing preparations for some Christmas gifts. i was happy to get those steps finished...next steps will take place in the sewing room. I'm ready to get the kitchen cleaned up and head upstairs...reading and/or stitching awaits me up there. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment