Thursday, November 10, 2022

Thursday…One More Treatment…This Week

We had another good dialysis day. Again, I was able to do the two sticks fairly easily, but still had trouble getting the needle in "just the right place." I'm determined that tomorrow will be "the day!" As, I so often say, time will tell! Today was a no-alarm day. Another good thing about the day. The only problem of the day came when Woody took the gauze off and it started to bleed again...this time we were prepared about the possibility and popped new gauze on it and put pressure on it again and soon had it taped up again. He still has it on...guess we will test it again in a minute. He just took gauze and tape off and all us well! Phew! We were told today that it is probably a good idea to have gauze and tape in the car's glove compartment. Oh, boy! I'm trying to have gauze near Woody's chair and the couch so he will have some to put on thr place...just in case! I had two other dialysis duties after his treatment was finished. I had to do the once monthly maintenance job of bleaching the drain line. That isn't a difficult job...done fairly quickly. Once I got that done I had to make a dialysate batch...an every-other-treatment job. It is making as I type...it takes close to six hours to fill up the tub with approximatrly 50 liters of water...at least after getting it going the machine does the rest! I headed upstairs after those two jobs were done and it wasn't long before I had to put my needlework down so I could nap. When I woke up it was time to fix supper. And, here we are finished with a bit later than usual supper and now settling in for the night...so...we can get up and do another treatment all over again in the morning. The good thing about tomorrow's treatment...it's the last one this week! And, we have two days in a row off! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment