Thursday, November 24, 2022

Thanksgiving at Goosey & Grammy's aka Pie Day

We began "Pie Day" at Grammy's and Goosey's by helping out with the decorating. Nathan took it upon himself to put decorations up on the part of the tree that I can't reach easily. The younger children (17 and down) got out the Fisher Price Nativity and arranged it in very creative ways! They did this while we waited on Abigail and Payton, Abigail's boyfriend, to arrive. They put animals in trees and stqcked thrm creatively! Provably not many manger scenes look quite like this oneM They had fun. Graham watched...but one time he went over to the them and straightened them out on how they were arranging something...adding in his own creatie touch! So even almost 21 year olds got in on a little of the fun! Do you think the fact that they are jugglers has anything to do with this balancing act in the manger scene?!?
Once Payton and Abigail arrived we got down to the serious business! I wish that I had had Isaac take his mask off for the picture! He was feeling much better today and hadn't run a fever so he came and he and Goosey (Woody) wore masks except when they were eating.
They did have fun when I called it Pie Day...they started singing a Pi Day song. I'll try to post the part that I managed to record.
We took our pie into the family room and ate with Goosey. I think that fun was had by all...and the pies did disappear. We have a whole pecan pie left, a pumpkin pie with one piece missing left and a little more than half the apple pie. Of course more might have been gone if all hadn't had their Thanksgiving feasts prior to coming for pie. Abigail and Payton had already had dessert at Payton's family Thanksgiving dinner. The others had just had the feast...not dessert. For Woody and me...it was our supper...what else would you have for supper on Pie Day!
Woody and I wish you a good rest of the day. If you are in the vicinity...stop by and you just mught be offered a piece of pie! Dialysis went great today...planning for tomorrow's to go just as smoothly! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! (There's no telling what shape this blog is in...I tried to post pictures and then say something about them, but the way blogspot works I was sort of doing it blindly...so there is no telling where the pictures are or where the words are that relate to the pics! Also, I'm not going to try to go back to correct typing errors! Just realize that I am usually typing on the on-screen keyboard of my iPad and if my finger happens to be off just a little, I get the wrong letter! I often hit the "n" key when I am meaning to hit the spacebar. Anyway, that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment