Monday, November 7, 2022

Another Monday…Another Stick…or Two

Tonight's photo is a "study" in types of oak leaves! We have multiple huge oaks in both our front and back yards. Along with having a lot of oaks...there are miltiple kinds of oaks...red, Spanish, pin,etc. Tonight's comparison is in the difference in the size of the leaves...some VERY BIG and some much smaller. The acorns also differ in size and in shape and in type of caps, etc. The leaves are really piling up around here. Our leaf crew plans to make the first "sweep" of them soon if the weather stays dry. Nathan, Kathy, Joy, Elijah, Isaac, Joseph and Saddle stopped by for a visit this afternoon and to do a couple of what I call Sonny-Do jobs. Saddle is the puppy that they kept from the latest litter. Nathan has an idea of how to use her for their shows "if" they can train her!!! The big "if!" There are now no more dialysis boxes of supplies in the living room thanks to Nathan, Kathy and crew! There have been boxes stacked along the walls for almost 3 years. They also moved the living room furniture around so I can start decorating for Christmas. I haven't put up our big Christmas tree for quite a few years and I want to enjoy it once again. Woody and I went to prayer meeting tonight. Woody came home pretty tired...of course it was really an hour later according to our bodies' clocks! I still have a little to do in the kitchen. Our new dialysis trainer seems very nice. She came for part of the time today. She comes from two hours away so we will start in the mornings a little later than we have been. She said that she can easily get into traffic problems on her way here. I told her we would be here and ready whenever she gets here! Today went...okay. I did do the sticks by myself...but...still not real sure about doing them. Once I get him stuck them I have to get the needle positioned...that's not all that easy either! Oh, well, we made it through another dialysis treatment! Tomorrow is pre and post blood work along with just the regular treatment. It will be interesting to see how well dialysis is doing using his graft. The tech said that we should see quite a bit of improvement over using his catheter. His hemoglobin is definitely improving. I did an iron infusion again today. And, definitely the nurse helped me be able to draw up the med more easily. So, I guess, all in all things are going fairly well. I will just be glad when the sticks are second nature...which at the moment I can't imagine that they ever will! The tech said today to give it a month and they would be ever so much easier! Time will tell! The plans at the moment are for the tech to be here to help me this week and next and then one of our nurses will come back and check on how I am doing and then turn us loose to do it by ourselves! I can't imagine being on our own any too soon...but also when it does happen it will be nice not to have someone coming to our house early every morning Monday through Friday! That is wearing too! Well, off to finish in the kitchen and thrn I'm heading upstairs. I hope to stitch some tonight...almost through stitching another ornament...but whether I can stay awake long is the question! Oh, I did have a good time chatting with 5 other stitchers on our zoom meeting last night...two from Ohio, two from TN and one from California. It was fun and there are plans for more of these zoom meetings which the leader indicated we, her first zoom group, would be included in. Fun to be with other stitchers, though separated by many miles. Technology has made our world shrink! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment