Monday, November 14, 2022

Another Monday Closer to Thanksgiving!

I would say that both the weekend and today were pretty good days. I got underway with my decorating...slowly but surely everyday things are coming off tables, shelves, etc. and Christmas is taking their places. It is a slow process. I made some headway yesterday, but today I have only taken a couple of boxes of ornaments downstairs. Each box of ornaments that I take down gets me closer to the Christmas tree box! I hope to do a little more this evening before I stop for the day amd hopefully do a little stitching. Last night I put in a few stitches before I fell asleep and woke up this morning with my needlework still on my lap...after a long winter's nap! And, the temps last night did make for a winter's nap. It got down to the lower 20s over night. It's not supposed to get as cold tonight. We got home a little while ago from prayer meeting and are settling in for the night. I will report that today's dialysis set up went quite well. I can say that I did the two needle sticks all by myself and got them positioned correctly...so another step towards independence! We'll see what the nurse says on Thursday! I'm ready to not have someone coming into our house early every morning, but...then it is awfully nice to have a backup person here for guidance and troubleshooting...just in case! Today during Woody's dialysis, I did prep work for a soup that that I finished making this afternoon after dialysis duties were finished. Today was another day to make a dialysate batch. That should be finishing up shortly. It takes over six hours to complete making the batch. Think about 50 liters of water going down a fairly narrow tube unto the dialysate bag in the dialysate tub. That's a lot of water and it has to be heated to certain temperature, too. That is all done by the machine...I just have to connect the new bag up and push LOTS of buttons to get everything going! Everytime a new batch is made, I have to test it for water quality...sort of a litmus test...I'm a chemist in this process, too! That test I will do in the morning during set up. Well, I'm praying that tomorrow will go smoothly once again. Our tech has been so nice. Today she wrote up a sheet to help me trouble shoot during the needle sticks and positioning of the needles in the graft tubing. Everyone who has worked with us through Fresenius has been so helpful and supportive. Saturday I found a package of supplies on our front porch that I haven't been expecting...it contained special tape for people with sensitivity to tape. Our nurse had ordered it for us without us asking. We used it today and Woody didn't seem to have any problems with it. And, I liked it...easy to tear and it stuck well, not as likely to stick to itself, and came off fairly easily (without too much pain for Woody). We use a LOT of tape during the procedure...tape to stick down the needles and lines...tape to cover gauze over needles and over the stick places after needles are removed. All this tape stays on Woody's arm for many hours...three+ hours for treatment and then at least two hours after the treatment is over and he is disconnected. One more good thing that happened today...Woody decided to turn on the TV this morning just to check and lo and behold...it came on! We're guessing that it might be a wind situation with the antenna and that it blew it the wrong way and then it blew it back...but who really knows! At least the reception allows him to see a picture most of the time at the moment. Nathan is looking into replacing the antenna...but till then Woody really appreciates it when it cooperates and gives him a picture that he can see! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment