Saturday, November 12, 2022

Zoomin' & Chillin' & Decoratin'

It has been a week for Zoom...Sunday a stitching Zoom and today a virtual reunion Zoom with some alums from Cottey College. It is always fun for me to reconnect with a childhood friend. She is on the Alumnae Board for Cottey so I can be assured that she will be in attendance. Today, she and I were the only representatives for our class of 1968. Cottey has a new president and she zoomed with us for a while so she spoke with us and also answered some questions. They always come up with a game for us...this time it was photos of random details of various things on campus and we were broken up into groups and we had to try to identify them. Since I had been on campus back in 2018 and had taken some of the same pictures, I recognized quite a few of them. Later we broke up into groups of classes. Randi and I joined in to the 50s and 60s. All who were in thwt group were from the 60s and Randi and I were the youngest in the group. We had a nice chat and then our little reunion was over. I am glad that they have continued virtual reunions like this since at the moment it would be pretty hard for me to go to one in person, though we are told that we can travel with him on dialysis...but I can't imagine going throuh it all. But they do work with the patient...we would take Woody's machine...and other supplies needed would be delivered to where we are going. Sounds like more work than vacation! I guess you can tell by the temperature that I posted that we are chillin' here in Tullahoma. That is the temperature just a fee minutes ago...I did anscreen shot of what Weatherbug recorded our temperature at the time that I snapped the shot. Brrrrrrrr! It's supposed to get down into the 20s tonight. So not ready to be cold! I decided thwt I need to take advantage of all days off at this point and need to get started on my Christmas decorating, if I a, going to do what I said I was going to do this year...put up our big tree. It has been quite a few years since I have had it up...all the boxes in the living room didn't really leave room for it...but this year with hemodialysis there are fewer boxes so Nathan, Kathy and part of the crew whisked them out of sight for me. So this morning I took a deep breath amd opened the Christmas close doors and took another deep breath and started getting some of the boxes out. The Precious Momemts Nativity is really thr only thing that is pretty much finished. I may find another individual box or two stuck in between bigger boxes. I have carried down a box or two of ornaments. Before I got into the Christmas closet, I did take all the Fall decorations upstairs...at the moment they are on the bed in the guest room. The bins that they are stored in are in the guest room closet. I will get those out and get them out of sight...eventually! I have the vacuum downstairs and the furniture polish and dust/polish cloth and the Swiffer duster...so I am cleaning as I decorate...a long process! But...it's underway! Woody's day could have been better. He missed all football games that were played on TV today as our TV and/or the antenna has decided that they won't give us a picture...there is a still pixelated picture and it tells at the bottom of the screen what we are supposedly seeing...but...that's all we know...what we "should" be seeing! Woody did finish reading a book due to his lack of TV. He also worked some more on the Sunday School lesson that he will be teaching to the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade boys tomorrow. And, of course, worked his four crossword puzzles. I'm heading downstairs after I publish this and put the last dishes into the dishwasher and see if Woody needs anything else and then I'm going to come back upstairs...I might take a few more boxes downstairs...or I may just go back to either my Christmas sewing or needlework. And, for the first time today, I said "'Tis the season" to my sister, Cheryl, when we talked this evening. So I will end with 'tis the season to all of you! I will also say it is a loooong way down under many boxes that are full of Christmas till I get to our tree! One of these days, I will lay my eyes on it once again! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment