Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Christmas?

Halloween is over. What would you think if you went out your front door and found a big stack of boxes? Christmas? Nope...dialysis monthly supply delivery. Once again, they did not bring them in the house as they are requested to do. I know that it could be so much worse...PD supplies amounted to at least a pallet...thank goodness they brought them in! Those delivery folk were so good. They would separate out the kinds of boxes and stack them where I asked them. Today's boxes haven't made it past the living room or dining room...in other words, they are where I plopped them. I was in the process of taking out the trash when I discovered them so had to get them in and out of my way so could get down the front steps. Today went fine...but I still haven't had to do the sticking. I'm sure that job will be turned over to me tomorrow. I guess I didn't use enough numbing cream as Woody said that it hurt as if there wasn't any used. I will try to do better tomorrow! The treatment went smoothly using his graft so that is good. I feel like a mack truck ran over me...other than that we are fine! Tomorrow the nurse is going to give me hints on drawing up the iron. She is the more experienced of our nurses and has given me many hints over the last few months so I will really appreciate whatever she tells me that will help me draw up the iron! We will be doing the first labs using the graft next week. She wanted to wait till we are using bigger needles than we are starting out with. She said because she wants a good read for how the blood is being cleaned and the smaller needles might not do as good a job. Most everything is the same when connecting except that we are using the needles and the graft rather than the catheter. The connections are slightly different. Lots of steps are lef out in the pre since we don't have to deal with the catheter. I will clean that site and inject heparin in the two tubes once a week till it is removed. She felt like they could set up removal of the catheter in the next several weeks. I just finished making a pot of soup...now to attack the kitchen. Running later today since I didn't want to cook while the nurse was here. We're waiting on Nathan to stop by to adjust the position of the chair and/or the dialysis machine. They need to be moved to make it easier to get to his arm, Woody is watching the World Series...or he may be dozing. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious

No comments:

Post a Comment