Thursday, December 22, 2022

In Limbo!

I was hoping that I could tell you that things are moving in the right direction...but we don't know much more than we did last night. we do know that the one place that they thought had a place for him do not. Now we are looking at a rehab in a town down...or is it up...the road from us may have a room... it then we have to get dialysis coordinated and today they asked if we could be his transportation to and from...at first I thought "yes," but then I realized that I was thinking about presurgery...when he could help transfer himself into the car and into the wheelchair...at this time he can't transfer himself from chair to car, etc. Logistically I could get him from rehab to dialysis, but physically I can't. That's why he needs rehab! So I made a quick call and retracted that! Anyway, someone came by when he was having dialysis and asked some questions about his mobility and that was the last that I heard from them today. If he goes where they are talking about he will have dialysis at our center in Tullahoma...if they have a chair and if they have a time for him! Lots of "ifs." There are public and private transit vehicles that we can use also. Time will tell, if all these "ifs" get worked out! We have a winter storm coming in tonight...so we may have to remain here till roads are clear!!! I had so hoped that we would be out of here before snow and or ice moves in...but guess we are safe and warm here. We are supposed to have wind chill factors below zero...one of the coldest snaps in years...guess lots of the country is experiencing this and worse. At the moment we are still in the 40s and it is raining...might see white on the ground by morning...what will be worse than white is ice on the roads. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!'Tis the season...I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment