Monday, December 5, 2022

Another Week of Dialysis Started

Today's dialysis treatment included pre and post labs. This was the first time that I have done labs by myself using his graft. It wasn't too bad...the confusing part was the post draw...so I called one of our nurses and we talked me through it prior to the ending. And, I believe that we got them done, spun, packed, and picked up by FedEx express. Oh, the things that I never dreamed I'd do! Dialysis went well again today. The sticking part is definitely getting easier...for which we are both thankful. I want to say that Woody is feeling some better today, but still hasn't wanted much to eat except for his breakfast scrambled eggs. He said that he slept well last night...not something that I hear very often from him...so that was a good thing! We were out of eggs so once his treatment was finished and I had the package for the lab on the front porch, I headed out into the rain and went to the grocery store down the street. I just wasn't up to a big Kroger shopping spree today! I had Woody tell me some things that sounded good to him and I picked some of those up hoping to tempt him...he did eat some of one of the items after I got home. We didn't have prayer meeting tonight as the others in the group called and said that they couldn't come. I won't say that I was too sad not to have to go out in this rain! I don't think that Woody minded too much either. So we are dry and warm and settled in for the night. I'm about to start working some more on my Christmas sewing, but decided that I would blog first. I did make a few decisions during dialysis on how I am going to finish some of the ornaments...shapes, sizes, etc. Yesterday, I started my last cross stitched Christmas ornament for this year (famous last words!). I'm sort of ready to stitch something other than Christmas ornaments. I would like to work on a sampler that I have underway...hoping to finish it before the end of the year. But...it is 'Tis the Season...there's no telling what direction I will go in with my stitching or whatever I end up doing! At this time of year lots of running around like a chicken with its head cut off!! Lots still to finish that I have already stitched. I still have a couple of machine embroidered ornaments to make this year...but those do go faster...I can't stitch 800 stitches per minute like my machine can! Oh, I did get a text from one of our nurses today asking us to come for a nurse visit on Wednesday afternoon...guess our day off won't be totally dialysis free! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment