Friday, May 13, 2011

Enough is ENOUGH!!!!!!!

There are cicadas everywhere in every shape and form in the phases of their lives...not a pretty sight whatever stage/phase! AND, there are so many that they are attaching onto about every plant that we have...the above is nothing. Some of the plants have lots and lots on them. About the last straw happened yesterday morning when I went out to our front flower garden...one of the cicadas attached itself to my leg...not for long! Later when I went to the church and walked through a covered area on my way in, there were cicadas all over and they were flying everywhere (I didn't realize this before I chose my path!)...and one hit me in the head. I'm not liking this "year of the cicada." I don't ever remember them being this bad before. The above pictures are of the light pole that is at the corner of our front flower garden...there are dozens and dozens (I think that I'm understating!) climbing or crawling out of their skins, or their shed skins stuck to the pole. At the base of the pole are dozens and dozens of the shells and a live one or two. Graham, Abigail, Joy, Esther, and Elijah have quite a collection of the shells in a container.

Woody got up early this morning and walked to Kroger and back...about eight miles total. Then he attacked the tomato/green pepper garden trying to get as much weeding and mulching as he could get done before it rained. It didn't rain on him till a little after noon and then it only sprinkled for a little while. We haven't gotten much rain out of this latest system. After he came in from the garden, we went to the church library to pack up the last things and finish organizing for Monday. I "say" that we are ready to undertake the big exodus from the library on Monday morning. After we finished at the library, we headed to do our weekly grocery shopping...Woody gave me a compliment when he told me that I was almost as much help as Joy is when she comes with him...we both push the cart! We came home and put away the groceries and then rested for a bit. Then Woody headed out the door for a youth Sunday School worker cookout/planning meeting. He is still there. A little while ago I got an invitation to go next door for Joy's graduation from kindergarten. I can't believe that already three of their five are finished with kindergarten (that means that we only have two preschoolers left out of our seven grandchildren)! Congratulations to Joy!

Looks like Blogspot has fixed whatever they were fixing and the post of two days ago is back and I was able to finally blog late this morning for yesterday. I had one phone call from a blog follower concerned that something was wrong since I hadn't blogged! We appreciate all our faithful followers!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment