Saturday, May 28, 2011

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!

Look "what" strolled into my kitchen today with a big grin on his face! Woody and I are trying to decide if we are going to claim him! The Crazy Tie Guy has gone crazy in the head...ummmm I mean hair! He is gearing up for the Vacation Bible School emphasis: Big Apple Adventure. Ummmmmmmm I think that I am speechless...don't know what to say OR think!!!!!

Lots has been going on today. Woody and Alex went to the library. Erin decided to stay home (she slept in late due to staying up late...teenagers!). Woody at some point stopped at a store and bought me the other kind of cheese for the macaroni and cheese recipe (the recipe that I didn't find till he left for the store yesterday). Erin and I made lunch...pita sandwiches with yesterday's leftover London Broil and caramelized onions, broccoli (Woody fixed that), and lightly fried (in olive oil) the left-over potatoes from yesterday's supper. After I got the mess cleaned up after our lunch...putting dishes in the dish washer and then washing the ones that don't go in the dishwasher...Erin and I made the macaroni and cheese for tomorrow's lunch. Someone leaked to the little ones next door that we planned to make cookies so they kept showing up to see if they were made (I didn't catch on for a while why they kept coming over...I just thought that they were coming to see their cousins! Elijah made it very plain that he wanted a cookie...oops...guess we are falling down on our job!) Erin is now making the cookies (with a bit of Alex's help)...a recipe that one of my best childhood friends shared with me at the time of Mother's funeral...her grandmother's chocolate chip cookies...I can only dream that they will taste as good!!!!!!!!! We'll slip some over to their house after they are baked so they can have some as dessert with their lunch tomorrow. Woody did take a snooze this afternoon...he got away from the fray and sat down in the recliner in our bedroom...to read, but...I don't think that he got very far in his book. He cleaned up our macaroni and cheese cooking dishes and also the supper dishes. We took the easy route for supper...frozen pizza. While the pizzas cooked, Alex mowed the side of the yard between Nathan and Kathy's house and ours. On top of all of the above, off and on today I have been preparing to teach my ladies' Sunday School class tomorrow. A bit of a jumbled up day (at least in my head)!

We have talked to Melany a couple of times...once from their hotel room...once from the balcony off their room on the cruise ship...once from the deck when they set sail for Juneau. Bon Voyage, Wade and Melany! Enjoy your 20th anniversary celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment