Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Take Time to Smell the Roses!

Today has been what seems like an extra busy day...but this evening I managed to take time to stop and smell the roses...well, water the gardens!

Woody worked out in the yard this morning until I was ready to head to the church library. We worked on throwing away and packing up things so we will be able to get them our as easily as possible come Monday morning. Woody came up with a plan today for the way to keep the books on the shelves organized and in order to be put back in...one of the major things about a library move...don't get the books on the shelves out of order! We worked today close to four hours. We were joined by another library worker and we all worked hard. We came home and had lunch. While we were eating lunch, Graham came in to work on the K'nex roller coaster that he is working on at the moment. Woody went out and did some more weeding in the tomato/green pepper garden. I read for a little while as I was called this morning by the public library to pick up a book that I had requested. Not the best week to have a book that needs to be read in a week...especially one that is over 400 pages long...but I will give it my best try...if I don't get it finished I'll write down the page number that I get to and turn it in and get back on the request list for it. I sat on the front porch with a glass of ice water and my book and my camera for a while this afternoon. It has been a hot day today...upper 80's if not hotter. This evening I have deadheaded flowers and watered the flower garden. Elijah came over and helped me hold the hose! While I was out working on the flower gardens, Woody headed off for his walk to the church for his time in the prayer room.


No comments:

Post a Comment