Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Great excitement at our neighbors (Nathan and Kathy and family) this morning...one of the robin's eggs hatched and then later in the day another hatched. This poor mama bird (really a silly mama to have chosen this spot) built her nest on the window ledge outside of Graham and Elijah's room...well, it is of great interest to all the children...and each time that one of them peeks out mama bird flies away. I was beginning to wonder if the eggs were going to get enough time with her sitting on them to hatch! I'm afraid that mama bird will need psychiatric help by the time that she finishes raising this brood! There are still three eggs to hatch.

It has been a very nice...very quiet day. Woody and I went to the 8:30am church service. Then we both went to Sunday School where we both taught our classes. We came home and fixed an easy but very good lunch...Maryland style crab cakes (Woody happened upon these at the grocery store yesterday) and broccoli and asparagus and then watermelon for dessert. After lunch Woody went on a walk and I came up to my sewing room. I had plans to do some machine embroidery. I had a bit of a problem with my first effort...but I refined the way I was doing it and the second effort is coming out well...so guess that it was operator error that caused the problems with my first effort! Woody went to church this evening and has just returned. While he (and the neighbors) were at church, I went next door and attempted to take pictures of the baby birds. It was hard to get them due to the glare on the glass and to the screen...but I think that you can get an idea of how ugly these little babies are at the moment. It will be great fun for the grandchildren to watch as the babies get feathers and then learn to fly and eventually leave the nest. I have talked to Melany and my sister today and have seen Nathan and most of his family...strange not to be able to call and wish my mother a Happy Mother's Day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment