Saturday, May 21, 2011

Graduation Day!

All four baby birds have graduated (been pushed out of the nest)! This morning when I was "trying" to sleep in because it was Saturday, Woody comes up and tells me to wake up that there is something "cute" that I need to see. So I pull on jeans and a t-shirt and head out to take pictures of one of the baby birds that he has spotted. By the time that I got outside this baby bird had hopped across the street and into our neighbor's yard. I used my new little point-and-shoot camera and got some really good pictures. As Graham said, "baby birds are easy to get close to!" I also was able to get a movie (new camera takes movies) of him hopping and spreading his wings...trying to get stronger. He didn't choose the best yard to hop into...they have a cat...but we were glad to see their cat go prowling off in another direction...so maybe baby bird will get into a safe place.

This baby bird and its siblings (no birdies in the nest any more) aren't the only graduates. Our oldest granddaughter is graduating from high school in Murfreesboro this evening...my how time flies...seems like we just got home from seeing her at the hospital for the very first time. We will be heading Murfreesboro way in a little while to celebrate with her and her family...the reason that I'm posting early today.

Woody got up even earlier than the birds and went on about a five-mile walk. He has read, done a little weeding and a little mowing, gone to the library, and run several errands. He is now finished with his mowing and going to get ready to go to Erin's graduation. More details on graduation tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment