Monday, May 2, 2011

Should Be Packing!

Tonight's picture shows why this is called a "Wishbone Flower." The stamen grow in a wishbone shape.

Woody got up early this morning and went for a six-mile walk...trying to get his walk in before the rain...it hasn't rained yet! When he got back from his walk he woke me up rattling pills...he was getting his week's supply out for the trip. I rolled over and went back to sleep for another hour! Then I got up and started gathering things for packing...but never got very far...kept getting distracted by one thing or another. Woody has done some yard work...mainly weeding and then he washed the car since the rain never came to do the job for him! After lunch, Woody and I went to run errands. We dropped my sewing machine off as the parts that had been ordered for it had come in and they plan to install them while I am gone. Then we headed off to the Credit Union to make a couple of deposits. Then a quick run to WalMart to get me some liquid tears eye drops. We stopped at Penney's on the way home to buy Woody a pair of khakis. Then came on home. I remembered about a half an hour ago that we forgot to stop at the drugstore to pick up the prescriptions that I had phoned in this morning. It will be ok...as I have enough of most of my meds and it won't hurt to miss a day of the one that I will run out of...I'll try to remember to have Woody stop at the pharmacy as we get back into town on Friday. We ate supper over at Nathan and Kathy's tonight...spaghetti and homemade fettuccine noodles. Good cooks! Woody has just returned from Monday night prayer meeting.

Woody was good and got everything out this morning that he wanted me to pack. And, I am just now putting things into the suitcase. We hope to hit the road dark and early...hoping that we won't have too much rain...but predictions along our route say "rain and thunderstorms." The good Lord willin' I'll be blogging from Bethesda, MD tomorrow night.





No comments:

Post a Comment