Thursday, May 19, 2011

Phase 3...COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




This morning the rest of the shelves got put together and the long line of getting the books back on them began. A little after 4pm the last of the books was put on the shelves, all boxes that had been out in the halls had been brought back in and attempted to be hidden till we can get to them! A good day's work done by lots of willing helpers. A big THANK YOU to all the volunteers. The library's lookin' wonderful after all the hard work we've put in the last several weeks!



The computer is very slow tonight...I think it is because I am trying to send a video clip next door to the neighbors...and I think that the computer/email is stuck. Things are taking so long that I lean back in my chair and then fall asleep and wake up realizing that it is time to do the next thing! I am very tired after our day's activities and Woody says that he is sleepy. I think that he may have been dozing downstairs while I have been dozing up here in front of the computer, but I can't prove it!



Today was another big day...it is Nathan's birthday. I won't tell which one...but, I will give you a hint...I may be feeling tired tonight, I am feeling much better than I did back in 1972. That many years ago yesterday I was put in the hospital with a temperature of 105 degrees...guess it was too hot in the oven for Nathan and he decided to be born three-weeks early. He was considered immature (rather than premature)...but none the less, they kept him in the baby ICU for six-days...and in those days they didn't let parents hold their little tiny ones. We just looked at him through the nursery window. They were watching him to make sure that he wasn't sick. I had an acute kidney infection...he was fine...except for being a little scrawny at 5 lbs., 12 oz. and only 18 inches long...not an ounce of fat on him...just skin and bones! It didn't take long for him to thrive. And, we were very glad to get our hands on him when he was 6-days old...though I did let the nurses dress him in his going home outfit! "Funny" how things have changed over the years as to rules about being with your tiny new born. It was hard not to get to hold him for so long...as a matter of fact I went home several days before he did. We would go once a day to look at him through the nursery window till he got to go home. The night before he came home, Woody and I went to watch the St. Louis Cardinals play the San Francisco Giants at Candlestick Park! Mother had arrived to help us and we left Melany with her and we went to the ball game! Guess I was feeling better! So all that to say..."HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Nathan!" We went over to their house for cake and ice cream this evening. Then Nathan, Kathy and I went upstairs to get some more baby birdie pictures...this time I was using my new point-and-shoot camera and Nathan ended up getting a good movie of the mommy bird feeding her babies. Nathan climbed up on Graham's top bunk and used my camera...that is the movie clip that I am attempting to send over to them via email...but without success...think that my computer is spinning its wheels...it hasn't gotten used to the new things that I added to it yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment