Monday, May 16, 2011

Phase 1...COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!


The library is empty...awaiting new carpet in the morning. I was overwhelmed when Woody and I got to church this morning. Almost all the large furniture was already out...our very special "jacks-of-all-trades" who work at our church had already been at work...thanks, Otis and Johnny! The next thing that overwhelmed me was the number of volunteers who turned out to help us...it took a bit to get everyone on the same track...but once they saw the mission...it was onward ho!!!!!!!! Once an area was cleared then Johnny started ripping up the carpet. We didn't have enough carts for everyone...so then the books went out by the armfuls. We put all the boxes, shelving, etc. out in the hallways...and the books now have a seat on the pews in the sanctuary. I had helpers helping to direct getting the books in the correct order on the pews...very easy to reverse the order of the books when moving them! Folk were amazed at how many pews it took to put them on...one half of the sanctuary seating now has books on it! I don't think that most realize how many volumes we have on our shelves! This is giving a visual as just how many! We were through between 10 and 10:30am. Woody helped direct inside the library (that's what the library director's husband gets to do!) and I sort of ran around trying to direct in other areas!



We were home by 11am after leaving the house a little before 8am. We had Caprese salads for lunch...slices of fresh tomatoes, cucumber and fresh mozzarella cheese with homegrown basil sprinkled over that and then drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar reduction. We had that a couple of weeks ago right after we came back from Maryland...tasted almost as good as the first time! After lunch, Woody and I both settled in for a reading session. We are both attempting to finish books. Mine is due tomorrow and most of the times lately that I have sat down to read I have dozed off...but today I managed to stay awake and have made good progress. I think that I may be able to get it finished by tomorrow evening. Woody just has a few pages left in his book. Nathan and Kathy invited us for supper tonight to try out a new recipe that they made when they did their once-a-month cooking last week. It was vegetable lasagna...very good! Good cooks, neighbors! Woody is at Monday night prayer meeting and I'm about to go back to reading my book and watching Dancing With the Stars at the same time! Let's see if I can multi-task those two! The TV reception is going in and out so there probably won't be much to watch anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment