Sunday, February 5, 2012

"As For Me and My House"

Tonight's blog title comes straight from the Bible from the book of Joshua. Joshua finishes that statement with "we will serve the Lord." On principle...the Super Bowl game isn't turned on at our house as Woody feels that we should be having a church service tonight rather than Super Bowl get-togethers at church members' homes. Woody is reading and also trying to catch up on some lost sleep. I seem to be the one who caught up on the lost sleep as I took a nap and as far as Woody knows...he hasn't been able to take that much sought after nap (that he can remember...and I was napping so I didn't catch him napping (if he did)!). I was attempting to mend something with my serger using a speciality stitch (before I got so sleepy that I just had to take a nap)...well, after many failed attempts I am about to turn on my sewing machine and make short work of it (I hope!). I once again woke up early so did take some ornaments off the tree before we headed off to the early service at church. But that was the last that I worked on the tree as I am now attempting to "think" about what we will need to take on our trip to NIH so I can pack tomorrow. I'm sort of out of practice for packing since we have been home for four months this time! Woody taught his sixth grade boys Sunday School class this morning. A while after we got home, Nathan came over and asked me if I would watch the children for a little while. I headed over there and while I was over there Woody headed off to the monthly deacon's meeting at church. I beat him home...after losing Esther! Kathy and Nathan took Isaac with them so that left me with five playing outside. I was out there with them...watching Abigail and Joy shoot baskets and Graham saw a board and Esther and Elijah swing. Well, I turned around at a point and counted and realized that I was one short...Esther was missing (and, I had just pushed her in the swing not long before that head count)! None of the children knew where she had gone. I went inside and called to her and checked the downstairs bathroom...Abigail went upstairs to check...no Esther! We headed around the house calling for her and Graham and Joy ran over to our house to make sure that she hadn't gone over there! At that point I herded everyone (well, all but Esther) inside before I could lose anyone else. I mentioned that maybe Esther had come in and was sleeping in some corner somewhere! Abigail said: "Oh, maybe that is why the light is off in our bedroom (she hadn't actually gone in to the girls' bedroom to check)!" So we went back upstairs for another look around and found Esther on her bed snuggled up with her lovey pillow. I did request of her that the next time I was watching them and she decided to go in that she please let Grammy know! Our...well, probably only my, excitement of the day!

Woody still feels weak, but has managed to get through all the activities that he had planned for today. He did walk around in our yard this afternoon after he got home from the deacon's meeting...more flowers are blooming!





No comments:

Post a Comment