Saturday, February 4, 2012

Timberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One tree down and one to go! When I woke up in the wee hours of the morning and couldn't get back to sleep (I think that I am keyed up about getting these decorations down and put away and then getting on to other things that need to be done...like getting ready for our NIH trip.), I went downstairs and took the decorations off the corner tree in the family room. Then this afternoon Graham came over and took the tree apart and got it into its box. Then he and I got the box upstairs and into the Christmas closet. (Now that shows that Woody isn't feeling all that great when I get to manhandle the boxes up the stairs!) That was the easy one to undecorate and get put away...now the next one...well...just think 700+ ornaments...lots of original ornament boxes to find specific ornaments for...which means ornament hunt around and around the tree at times...enough said! Since I got up so very, very early I ended up taking a nap in the morning. I have been working towards getting started on the big tree, but just haven't had enough momentum to actually get started taking ornaments off the tree. In those wee hours I did bring down all the boxes that the ornaments go in. I also found two more Christmas decorations that I missed so had to get them into their boxes...one of said boxes was at the bottom of a tall stack of boxes...but I did make myself go down to the bottom of that stack and then restack all the boxes. I have also gotten the sewing cutting table cleared so I can move it close to the tree as it is easier to work from that table top rather than being on my knees on the floor. I guess I will get started after I blog...let the fun begin!?

Woody walked around the block this morning. Then later in the morning he went to the library and visited a friend in the hospital. Woody is better, but still feels weak and a bit queasy at times. He's trying to figure out why Sprite makes him feel better. I have no explanations...just know that when my stomach is feeling unsettled it helps and I guess he is discovering the same! This afternoon Woody and I went to a surprise 40th anniversary party for dear friends. And, it sounds like they were actually surprised...which is surprising in and of itself as so many were in on the secret! Their children and their families know how to throw a super party! We didn't stay too long since Woody looks forward to heading back to rest and relax in his recliner whenever he wanders too far from it! We have had a rainy afternoon and evening. I think the rain we have gotten today has us over the inch mark for this month already! Rain, rain, rain, and more rain!


No comments:

Post a Comment