Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Windy Tuesday

The wind has been commented on quite a few times today...both children and adults. Woody even wore a windbreaker when he walked to the church for his time in the prayer room. He said that it wasn't all that cold temperature-wise, but the wind made one need a lightweight jacket.

We were back into the school routine today after a day off to honor presidents yesterday. Elijah came over first, followed by Esther. Esther read to me and then helped me get ready for art class. At 10am three enthusiastic young artists joined Esther and me. We did crayon and oil pastel resists today...that means PAINT...black PAINT. They drew pictures with crayons and oil pastels and then painted over their pictures with black paint. It made for interesting pictures as what they drew popped out through the paint. After art, Graham and I worked on his latest sewing project...directions for making a French seam. We are rewriting them for our Janome machines. Last week I took pictures of the steps of this particular way to make a French seam. I printed them off and today we started writing the directions and adding the pictures. His next session we hope to finish and then make it into a PDF file. He's learning and sometimes teaching me things about the computer and its software along with learning about sewing. Abigail rejoined me after lunch. She had an idea about something that she wanted to make as a surprise for Graham's birthday. She read to me from an extra reading book and then we went upstairs to see if her scheme would work and worked at it for a while...tomorrow we'll try to finalize plans and see if it will work. I did some more on reviving the living room to preChristmas condition...but not a lot. I "think" that there is only one small bookcase to put to rights (need to find and put books back on the shelves along with the knickknacks that belong on the shelves and then the room will be back to "normal." I got the coffee table and one end table back to "norm" and then called it quits for the afternoon and settled in to read...I'm almost finished with The Litigators by John Grisham...reason that I was a bit late blogging tonight...I'm heading back to finish it as soon as I blog!

Woody got up this morning and made Sweet Potato Waffles. Then while I was having art with Graham, Abigail, Joy, and Esther, he and Elijah read books and then made a carrot cake. He has also read, watched a bit of TV and I think has even managed to traverse across the artwork mess to play a game or two of Scrabble on the computer. He also started the daunting job of repacking the Christmas closet puzzle. Yeah! Soon Christmas will be hidden away once again...perhaps before March arrives! He is now home from his walk to and from the church prayer room and has settled in to relax for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment