Thursday, February 23, 2012

Gusty Thursday

A day of many completions...Joy completed her first cross stitch project...a lady bug (good one for her as we often call her Joy Bug!)...Abigail completed her surprise gift for Graham and it turned out very well (we even have it all wrapped for his big day on Monday)...Graham completed the PDF file of sewing instructions for an easier way to make a French seam (we used instructions that a sewing teacher that I have sat under wrote...but for another machine brand... and he and I adapted them for our Janome machines.) The roofing/hail damage folk arrived and they put up our new gutters (Woody did a great job of choosing the color...perfect match to the siding) and they fixed one other thing that Woody had to draw a picture to show them what he wanted...we'll see if their interpretation of his drawing works...but the hail damage work still isn't complete...two more tasks before it is finished. We child sat for a while as Kathy had a doctor appointment and Nathan went with her to take care of Isaac while she was seeing the doctor. Woody was well under way with making peanut and butter and jelly sandwiches on freshly baked homemade bread by the time Abigail and I got over there after her sewing lesson. Lunch was eaten and then Abigail and I went back to our house to complete her sewing surprise present for Graham's 10th birthday. Joy read her school reading book to Woody over at their house while Woody kept an eye on the other three. Then when Kathy, Nathan and Isaac arrived home, I headed back to our house for my lunch. Then Graham came over to complete his sewing instructions. After that Woody and I walked Woody's four-mile route...I know that it took much longer with me tagging along...for several reasons...one being lots of stops for pictures and the other was several stops to rest my weary back...there was also lots of wind resistance...but I made it the full four miles...and survived and got quite a few pictures. I sat for a while on the couch before I started our supper. I made an adaptation of a recipe that we really like...but didn't have all the ingredients for...we liked it and I tried to write down the adapted recipe as best I could so "perhaps" I can replicate it at another time! I loaded up the dishwasher and headed up to check out the pictures that I had taken today and to blog. Woody is in the office/school room trying to figure out why the computer keeps challenging words that he makes (legitimate words in the Scrabble dictionaries). After I blog I'm going to settle in reading my latest book...ready to rest and relax after a busy day...but one filled with many accomplishments! Oh, and, I guess I will start planning for my sister's visit to TN...she has her plane tickets to come visit us the end of April/first of May! I'd better get busy on getting K'nex and Christmas wrap out of the guest room!!!!!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment