Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Time is Flying By!

Time is flying by just about like the wind blowing over this doggy as he rides down the interstate...ears flapping! I think that time flies even faster for a librarian since due dates are in the future...today when I fixed the date stamp for when books will be due in two weeks, I realized that would be the last day in February. Where has the first month and a half of the year gone?!?

Busy day for me. I've hardly had time to turn around. Elijah worked on the sounds that the letters make and also on colors and counting. Esther worked on her phonetic reading and also did several pages of subtraction. I told her that I was getting her ready for college when she did one of her papers today...it was a page of analagies: a baseball is to a bat as a _________ is to a tennis racket, etc. This paper was all done with pictures...but still I remember questions such as those on a bit higher level on the PSAT, SAT and ACT tests when I was preparing to enter college. Getting her used to such questions at a young age...then she will be ready on down the road! Joy did a page and a half in her reading workbook and then worked some more on her cross stitch project. She is itching to start lessons on the sewing machine! Abigail continued sewing on the European style pillow case. She will finish it tomorrow. After Abigail's sewing lesson, I came home caught my breath and warmed up some soup for our lunch and shortly headed out the door for the library and worked there for several hours. We got quite a bit done...once again...library work is never done!

After his time in school, Elijah joined Goosey (Woody) down in the family room. They read books and I'm sure that Elijah played for a while too...and talked Goosey into a snack! I think that I remember Woody saying that he was going for a walk while I was working with one of the girls...not sure how far he went on the walk. The workman came today to try to finish up some work that still needs to be completed after the hail damage...it's getting close to being completed...we're ready! Woody had to choose the downspout color without my input as I was at the library. We had Linguine with Spinach Sauce for supper. I have cleaned up the kitchen. I am now trying to decide if I have any energy left to put away a few more Christmas ornaments...up to this moment there hasn't been any time to do that today. I've had a bit of trouble getting online tonight...so am now hoping that this will post and not fly out into cyberspace!

No comments:

Post a Comment