Thursday, February 16, 2012

Flew the Coop!

Today I had that feeling that I needed to get away. So pretty much as soon as I finished with school time with Elijah, Esther, Joy, and Abigail, I headed out...ate lunch out, did a bit of shopping (got black paint for school and a present for Graham's tenth birthday) and then headed off to my favorite place in town...Janie's Sewing Center! I got some thread and a piece of fabric to line a vest, but most of all it was just enjoyable to visit with Janie, Ed, and Karen. I hadn't been there in a while due to being so busy and I'm just not sewing much these days. One thing that saddened me was to see the iron barred door that they have had to add for protection since they were broken into. I just hate that "little Tullahoma" has become a place that has to have bars over store doors!

Since I have been away most of the afternoon, I don't know exactly what Woody has been up to today. I do know that he took Elijah to the grocery store this morning and that they were gone quite a long time and that Goosey wore Elijah out, as Elijah was fast asleep in his car seat by the time that they got home! While I was gone, Woody made Spicy Vegetable Beef Soup. I had planned to make chili but put that cooking on hold for another day since I came home to soup in the making. Guess that it is time for me to come back to reality and get back to packing up Christmas ornaments! But it was good to "fly the coop" today...just needed to get away from the house for a while. I'll bet that most can't say this...I think that it was only the second time I have stepped foot into a store since before Christmas...now I can't say that about shopping online!

No comments:

Post a Comment