Thursday, February 9, 2012

I Heard It!!!!

I ate at an Asian restaurant for lunch today (it's connected to the same complex that my hotel is in...can you tell where I am and where Woody "still" is?). This was my fortune...guess someone in the family needed this one! I thought that it should be for Woody...but my sister said that I really needed good health! At least one of us needs it...preferably both!!!

This morning Woody's team said that they wanted him to stay another night...that his creatinine number was going down, but that they wanted it lower. They said that there was no test to find out when the dye was out of his system...that the only thing to do about that was hydrate and flush it out. They also told him that they had called his Tullahoma urologist and that his creatinine levels had been normal when his blood work was done there less than two weeks ago.

Woody started having kidney pain again today...probably the stone decided to move a bit due to all the fluid that is being pumped through his system. The doctor told him that the main thing that was really helping the creatinine level to go down was all that he was drinking (he's being good...and following doctors' orders and drinking...and they are praising him for it!). After I got back to the hotel room after lunch, I called Woody and he asked me if I had a camera. He said that he had a picture for me to take for tonight's blog. Well, of course the cameras are here with me and they don't have the range to reach him to take a picture! So then he asked how my ears were and asked if I could hear something. I heard this rattling sound. Well, the sound was the sound of his kidney stone!!!!!!!!! He passed it this afternoon. YEAH!!!!!!!!!! He said that it was the size of a sunflower seed kernel...a pretty good size. I remember the doctor at Harton Hospital ER in Tullahoma telling us at the time that Woody had his first kidney stone that it would be quite small...that it would be black...and about the size of the tip of a ball point pen. This one definitely surpassed that one in size.

I, of course, had to arrange for another night at the hotel this morning. I had to move to a different room which wasn't a problem as I was all packed up anyway. So I have been hanging out in the hotel room. I have worked a little on learning some new things with my photo software, dozed a bit, made phone calls to update everyone. Nathan called as it looks like things are "supposed" to be finalized with our hail damage repairs tomorrow along with the final inspection for our TVA energy upgrade...everything seems to happen at one time! Thankful that our neighbors can stand in for us!

I talked to Woody a little while ago and he was hoping to get some sleep tonight. Like anytime in the hospital, it's not easy to sleep. Last night his roommate, who had surgery yesterday, had a rather rough night so that didn't help Woody's sleep. His kidney pain is gone, but I could tell that he still doesn't feel the greatest...especially when he ended our phone conversation tonight and said for me to realize that he still might not get to go home tomorrow. Of course it will depend on his blood work and what it shows his creatinine level to be. Again...time will tell! Tonight I am just glad that I heard "it" today...referring to the kidney stone! I have a feeling that I have a subject for a future blog photo!

Once again who knows where I will be blogging from tomorrow night...here...down the road...but I'll be blogging from somewhere to update you on this our latest adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment