Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tullahoma Thad's prediction...

Well, obviously before he waddled into the shade from a tree, Tullahoma Thad saw his shadow! (Well, if he was a really early riser, he didn't, as we had fog this morning.) I have heard several say that if we do have "six more weeks of winter" that they won't complain, if it is as nice as the first six weeks of winter have been for us. It has really been a mild winter so far. Today it has been sunny and got into the mid-sixties. Not bad for February 2nd!

Well, as Tullahoma Thad came out of hibernation (at least long enough to check out his shadow), my carolers went into hibernation...all the boxes that contain carolers are now filled and upstairs in the growing stack of boxes. A lot of angels have flown into their boxes too...but still quite a few have to make that flight. The trees (small ones not the big Christmas trees...not yet...they are the last things that I tackle!) have been uprooted and are slowly but surely finding their way into a box. The coffee table no longer has carolers, but now has Christmas bells and Christmas pillows and pictures on it. Moving the bells freed frees up the shelf that they were on for the "everyday" bells (when I find them!).

Woody spent a lot of his day filling out our tax forms. He got those done and then walked to the Post Office. Friends spotted him at the Post Office and offered him a ride home and he very willingly accepted. He is still very weak. Once he got back he has rested in his recliner watching TV news, etc.

I got up very early this morning. I made whole wheat biscuits and made some scrambled eggs to go with them. Then cleaned up the kitchen. A little way into the morning after I had worked on putting angels back into boxes, I felt the need for more sleep so took a nap for a while. Then got up and got busy again. I can only go at the undecorating for so long and then my back gets to hurting so I just have to stop and rest. I have had quite a few reading and tea breaks today. I did get the shadow box in the family room back to everyday status this afternoon. So things are clearing out...less room to walk in the upstairs hallway and more table and shelf surfaces are coming to light. Oh, and, I've done a couple of loads of wash today...if only the everyday things didn't continue to need to be done! I'm getting closer to being ready to undecorate the two Christmas trees...oh, boy...what a job that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment