Sunday, February 12, 2012

Back to Counting Mice!



Isaac turned one-month-old on Friday while we were away so I "had" to get over there and get a picture that was at least close to him being one month! He is wearing the little terry velour sleeper that Grampa Dorrell (Woody's father) bought for Nathan when he was born. So that is one "old" baby outfit! Nathan was reading to Elijah and Graham came up to listen too so I had Kathy add Isaac to the grouping so I could get all our Dorrell boys!



Woody got up and went to the early church service. I seem to have had all my adrenalin knocked out of me and I couldn't get moving in time to head off with Woody. So I just went to Sunday School this morning. Woody taught his 6th grade class and then came home. After I got home, I made a casserole out of items that we had in the fridge...well, all except for some frozen peas and I walked to the store next door (Nathan and Kathy's) and got those. Woody went for a walk around the block this afternoon. He's going to gradually get back into his walking routine. Today was a good day for a short walk...very, very cold! Cold temperatures seem to have arrived in TN at about the same time as we arrived back in TN! It got down to 15F last night and is supposed to be in the teens again tonight.



Now...about the blog title. I would not be sitting here calmly reporting this if I was counting real mice. Joy gave me the task of counting all the ornaments on the tree that had mice on them. She had attempted to count them while the tree was decorated and she wanted to know how many there really were so I am to count them as I take them off the tree! One of these days I will be able to report that the tree is done...but not yet. I'm afraid that the tree will still be up this Valentine's day. I always try to have it down prior to then...but don't think that will happen this year. It seems that undecorating is more difficult than decorating...well, I do make more trips round and round the tree looking for ornaments where as when I am decorating I just have to find the perfect branch! My back gets to hurting if I do it for too long...so just do it in short spurts and then rest for a while. I almost have all the ornaments off that have their own boxes...once those are all off and boxed up then it will go faster. I, at least, now have hopes of getting them back in the closet since Woody is feeling better...there for a while I thought that they would permanently reside in the upstairs hall! That is his part of decorating/undecorating...packing the puzzle of boxes back into the Christmas closet.







No comments:

Post a Comment