Thursday, January 10, 2013

It's Official!

It's official...we have a one-year-old! Today is little Isaac's first birthday. Kathy called me up this morning and asked if I wanted to come over for a "photo session!" And, when I got over there, Isaac had on the outfit that we gave him for Christmas...the one that I made for him. He looked so cute in it and also so cuddly warm! Tonight's picture is one of the first times that I have gotten a picture of him standing and not holding on to anyone or anything. He opened up his present from his Auntie Cheryl and all were intrigued from Daddy on down to Isaac...it was a basketball bathtub toy AND it included three balls...in that family three balls = JUGGLING!!! So Nathan, Graham and Abigail all juggled them at one time or another. And, Isaac just hoped that he would get to play with his toy at some time! He says a "b" sound for ball. This tower is also one of his presents. His siblings stack them all up so he can knock the tower down...a favorite activity of Isaac. It reminds me of Nathan...any kind of tower built was an invitation for him to head straight to it to knock it down. So Isaac is following in his daddy's "footsteps." Woody walked six miles today. Today hasn't been all that rainy...just cloudy and dreary and later in the day the wind picked up. More rain and storms are in the forecast. I have sort of taken the afternoon off...I just read, napped and typed a recipe or two into my iPad app. I finally got up enough energy to head downstairs to make our supper. Woody is watching a DVD and I have been downloading pictures from Isaac's birthday photo shoot and then choosing one for tonight's blog. I managed to borrow an e-book from the library the other day and have been reading that. I finished my second book of the year yesterday and have three others in the process of being read. I don't often have more than one book going at a time. I'm sure that I will end up deciding on one of them and finish it before I do much more reading on the other two. It will probably be the e-book as it will disappear into cyberspace in five more days. So I would like to have it finished before it disappears! I'm also planning my next sewing project for the girls' 18" dolls...have to get into a new doll pattern and find the pattern piece/s that I need. I'm making them each a pair of underwear...that way they won't have to wear tights all the time! Joy has let me have her doll over here so I can make sure that they will fit them! So I have Ellie watching me as I type tonight's blog...she is standing on the table near me. Well, I will end with a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Isaac...such a sweet little one-year-old!

No comments:

Post a Comment