Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Water, Water Everywhere!

It has rained...and, then it has rained some more today! There has hardly been a moment when you couldn't hear rain on the roof this entire day. Luckily to this point it hasn't been ice...though there was some in the night, but not enough to cause a problem (at least for us)...our electricity has stayed on. Woody did run some errands this morning as he needed an ingredient or two for a new vegetarian chili recipe that he was making...one that has cooked all day in the crock pot. I think that it is about time to open up the crock pot and test the product of the all day cooking. I stewed a chicken and made more "liquid gold" (chicken stock). I have started working on getting chicken stock moved into the freezer. This takes a bit of time as we only have so many containers that hold the two-cup amount that we like to store it in. I had to empty most of those containers of frozen pumpkin (about froze my hands!). Now those containers are in the dish washer so I can proceed to freeze more broth. Woody braved the elements and walked to the prayer room late this afternoon and has made it back! I am working on getting our guest room back to being a guest room rather than Christmas wrap central. It will need to be a guest room towards the end of the week as our granddaughter Erin is coming for a visit. I have had several spurts of energy today, but most of the rest of the day I have felt very lazy...probably partly the weather and partly not getting the best night's sleep. I did manage yesterday to finish the e-book that I have been reading...finished before it disappeared back into cyber-space! This was the first e-book that I had checked out from our public library site. I still much prefer to have a book in my hands over my iPad when it comes to reading. But in finishing that book I have read three books so far this year and am half-way through another. I just realized when I downloaded (or is uploaded?) some pictures from my camera, that today is the 15th of January. Can you believe that we are already half-way through January!?! Time continues to fly by at too fast a rate! The kitchen timer should be beeping momentarily...guess I'll head down to taste test the chili.

No comments:

Post a Comment