Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ringing in the New!

2013 has gotten off to an interesting start. I ended the year getting all my photos sorted for the year...so starting over...and, will be really starting over as the Passport external drives that I have been using are just about maxed out so I have ordered new larger ones and will be transferring all the photos onto the new ones and use the old ones for backing up the laptop. So I have more photo/computer work ahead of me once these external drives arrive. But at least all pictures taken in 2012 and prior years are sorted...a good feeling! I started out yesterday morning going great guns...catching up on my laundry now that the drier is back in working order and getting the house straightened up (vacuuming and putting some things away). But as the day continued, I started to fizzle and not feel the greatest. I haven't done much today. I'm still not sure what my "problem' is, but definitely my "get-up-and-go" has gotten up and gone! I have a feeling that it is my Transverse Myelitis causing me to hurt and maybe...my body is just saying that it has had enough of holiday activities. Unfortunately TM masks a lot of things...or sometimes other things mask the TM. I got worried for a while yesterday that I was getting the flu because I was aching so badly...but the aches seem to have pretty much gone away and that wouldn't be happening that quickly if I had the flu. Anyway, I have given in and done as close to nothing as one can do on this second day of the new year...have gotten a good ways into a new book. Woody has been up and about as he usually is. Since I have reported about his walking he has walked 14 miles...6 on Monday, 4 yesterday, and 4 today. He has read, worked crossword puzzles, watched a bit of TV...staying in keeping warm when he hasn't been out on his walks. Yesterday Joy, Esther and Elijah each came over separately for some special "Goosey (Woody) time." Joy and he worked on a marble run. Esther and he made pumpkin bread. And, Elijah and he played Junior Monopoly. While they were over yesterday,I hibernated in our room and pretty much slept the afternoon away! I haven't slept as much today, but just don't have much energy. Good start to the New Year?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment