Monday, January 7, 2013

Two Birthdays to Celebrate

We had our family celebration of Isaac's first birthday this afternoon. He won't be one till the 10th, but celebrating today worked out better with everyone's schedules. This is Isaac's first encounter with cake and ice cream! I think that he found that big scoop of ice cream pretty cold on his hand and later in his mouth! He enjoyed the cake's warming effects! Opening presents was funny...he just isn't into gifts yet and it is hard for the others to understand. At the end of the party Abigail said that it was the longest time opening presents that they had ever had! He would get into one gift and be content with the present in that one and then not be interested in opening any more! His cake is a replica of his favorite blankie...the blanket is in the photo where he has such a big smile...he is happiest when he has his blanket to cuddle...his security! I had school with Elijah, Esther, and Joy. Woody made soup while I had school. We had lunch and then went next door for the party. Woody walked four-miles late this afternoon. He ran an errand after he got home from his walk. Note that I said that there were two birthdays to celebrate? Well, four years ago on this date I started this blog and here we are 1477 posts later! My how time flies! I will say that I am glad to be posting the drivel that I post these days rather than all the medical stuff in reference to Woody's melanoma that I was posting four years ago. Haven't we (Woody and I and you, our faithful blog readers) been through a LOT together!!!!! We appreciate all your prayers over the years and ask that you continue praying for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment