Friday, January 18, 2013

The Last Carol Sung!

Here are our Carolers all gathered together on the coffee table singing their last carol for this Christmas season! They knew that it would be a while till they were all together again! Erin and I have accomplished quite a lot today...BUT...ever so much more to do! How do you eat an elephant???? One bite at a time!!!! We have managed to take several bites out of our elephant today! Woody did walk to the drugstore today to pick up prescriptions for him and for me. He thought that much exercise would be good for his knee...fairly level walking and on a sidewalk. He said that his knee is getting better. Other news about prescriptions...Fed Ex did deliver his prescription from NIH. It was overnited yesterday, so no sign of what was supposed to have been sent last week. Woody and Erin went to the public library to stock Erin up on books and DVD's. So she has something to do when her grammy gives her a break! She has worked hard today.
Here she is changing out my shadow box in the family room.(Take note how bright the kitchen is! The sun came out today for the first time in many days!) She also did the shadow box in the kitchen. So far we haven't had to get a step ladder out as she has been able to reach things that were up high. Her height has certainly come in handy several times today! Woody ran errands and did our weekly grocery shopping this afternoon. Erin helped Goosey (Woody) bring in the groceries. And, by the time that we got them put away, it was time to begin our supper. Erin and I made one of the new recipes that Woody and I had tried last week. I knew that it was fast and easy. Woody ran one more errand while we were finishing preparing supper. Then we all sat down and ate a family meal together. Woody tried to get Erin to talk about how she felt about a couple of political issues...she answered with a safe answer...that she hadn't made up her mind yet (though in "Erin wording!"). We cleared the table. I filled the dishwasher. Woody washed the ones that couldn't or don't go in the dish washer. Now we are settled in for a quiet evening. Erin was reading...but I think that I have worn her out today...and I think that she is now "reading" with her eyes closed! I guess I will go do some reading myself and will probably find myself in like manner..."reading" with my eyes closed! Woody is watching a DVD that he got at the library this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment