Friday, January 11, 2013

Let Me Introduce You!

Joy is holding Ellie. Abigail is holding Abbie. And, Esther is holding Noel. These are their new Favorite Friends Dolls that Goosey (Woody) and I gave them for Christmas. They are modeling their nightgowns that I made for the three of them. I have spent time today trying to redesign a pattern for underwear for the dolls! I had to set my efforts of pattern designing aside to do some other things so not sure if my pattern is going to work or not. Woody walked a circuitous four-mile route today that included a stop at the pharmacy to pick up one of his prescriptions. Speaking of prescriptions, Woody did get an email from his Fellow at NIH telling him that she had issued the pharmacy a new prescription for Woody's antibiotic and that they would be Fed-Exing it to him. So that should get it here before he runs out next week. Woody ran errands and did our weekly grocery shopping. After getting the groceries put away, I started in on tonight's supper...another new recipe. It is called Okra-and-Corn Maque Choux (pronounced "mock shoe"). It is a Cajun/American Indian dish--sort of stew-like. It was very tasty and filling...especially with corn muffins (another new recipe) served on the side. Woody bought chicken breasts which he took the skin off and deboned. I dropped the bones into some water with celery tops, a carrot, an onion, a couple of cloves of garlic and some parsley and let all that simmer for quite a few hours. We were in need of more "liquid gold" (broth). It is now strained and cooling. I will chill it and then take any fat off the top and then we will freeze it for recipes that call for it down the road. By the time that I had our supper finished and eaten and the broth simmering, I was about done-in so I headed upstairs to the recliner and the heating pad. It didn't take long at all till I dozed off (had planned to read!). I woke up just a little before it was time to take the broth off the stove and strain it. While I dozed Woody worked on cleaning up the mess I had made in the kitchen. That about sums up our Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment