Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Lots Going On!

Today started for me with the phone ringing...a call from the NIH pharmacy telling Woody that they didn't have orders for his prescription. So I have attempted to get the ball rolling on getting the prescription filled and in the mail...not sure where we stand on that. Guess we will know in a few days--if it comes or not! I had school with Abigail, Graham and Joy this morning. Then had lunch and then headed out the door to get my hair cut. When I got back Esther came over to finish another Dick and Jane book. Elijah fell asleep on their couch so he didn't have a turn at school today. After Esther got finished reading to me, she headed out to ask Goosey (Woody) to read to her. Joy joined Esther over here and the two of them ended up helping me get our supper ready. We made homemade cream of mushroom soup to put in our Turkey Tetrazzini. While we were cooking, Woody headed out to walk to the prayer room. The turkey tetrazzini was a new recipe that we tried tonight. It was a quick-to-cook recipe, but I made it harder by making my own cream of mushroom soup. By the time that I got the dishes loaded up after cooking, I was about done in! Woody walked home from the prayer room and had a late supper. We both enjoyed the new recipe. Again, we have found a "keeper recipe." I will be adding it to my recipe file on the iPad. Graham joined us after supper and is spending some time over here this evening. He helped me get started on putting away Christmas decorations. He separated out the pieces of the Fisher Price Nativity so they could go back in their correct boxes to be put away till next year. So I guess you can say that I am finally underway undecorating. Erin is supposed to come spend some time with us and I am thinking that she can be a big help in getting things put away...and will save me a few trips up and down the stairs! This is the part of the Christmas decorating that I don't care for! This is when it is no longer "'tis the season" but becomes "bah humbug!"

No comments:

Post a Comment