Monday, August 26, 2013

A Little of This and a Little of That!

Tonight's photos are a little of this and a little of that around Williamsburg. And, today has been a little of this and a little of that around here too! Woody started out the day at the chiropractor. I started out the day with having school with Isaac. Our school day was a bit turned around as Joy, Esther, and Elijah had to go back to get more immunizations for their trip to Africa. So Abigail came over and read in place of one of them. Then Graham finally got to have his Grammy special lesson time. We are going to do a study of Simple Machines (me...teaching "physics and mechanics???!!!!). He will be using the education booklets/instruction books that he has for his K'nex. I will be adding to the K'nex information with books and information from various sites on the internet. Today we started out with a bit of background and learning about the six kinds of simple machines. We started out with "levers" and he built a balance...a "type-one lever." He will be building the various levers in the K'nex book and then we will move onto another type of simple machine. I guess I will be learning right along with him! He already understands about them better than I!!!! That's a good thing! This afternoon I have been washing/pressing, etc. fabric and gathering other things that I am going to need later in the week when I go to the church to make pillow cases for the children at St. Jude's Hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment