Saturday, August 31, 2013

Dog Days of August Decided to Show Up!

The last few days have felt the way they usually feel for most of August...hot and muggy. I have pretty much stayed in...but when I walk out the heat and humidity about takes away my breath! I really don't like humidity (I guess that is the Arizona in my blood!) Woody walked to and from the library for the first time in a while...hopefully that means progress with his sciatic nerve and whatever else might ail him. I have stayed busy cooking and cleaning. The cleaning continues in my sewing room...still trying to find places for things that have lost their spot due to me changing things around just a bit...plus trying to rid the room of a "bit" of dust (sewing rooms really collect the dust)! The cooking part of my day consisted in putting on a large Boston Butt Pork Roast to simmer for a good part of the day...preparing for our Labor Day "feast." That got done late afternoon. We did test it in some pita bread for supper...pretty good...if I do say so myself! I left it up to Woody to put it in containers to go in the fridge. Happy last day of August! I wonder what September has in store for us! I know one thing...the year is getting away from me all too fast! Ooooh! I'm hearing big fire works booms! Must be 4th of July...oh, wait...that's right Tullahoma's 4th fire works show got postponed till Labor Day! At least no rain this time! Speaking of rain...we are starting to get dry even after all the rain we have gotten all summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment