Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Folk About Town

Tonight's photos capture some of the Williamsburg costumed historical interpreters that make their way about town. Today has been a busy school day for me...Esther and Joy came over individually for a time of reading out loud to me. Then Graham, Abigail and Esther joined Joy and we had a time of art. Today they were very happy when the paints got brought out. We did some experimenting with coloring on a piece of cloth with a light colored crayon and then painting over the whole piece of cloth with a wash of their choice of paint color. They got to see the wax resist the paint and see that when they had finished painting that they could still see the design they had drawn with the crayon. They each made two...a practice piece when we didn't know what we were doing and then one after they had experimented. After Art, Abigail read some out loud to me and then we got busy on her sewing project. She is making a triangular head scarf to wear in Africa. After lunch, Isaac came over to have his time for school. Then it was Elijah's turn. He had fun writing his numbers and doing a math worksheet, then he read some three letter phonetic words and matched them to a picture. Then it was time for him to do art...and this time, to him, we really had art...painting. He was very happy to paint. He painted and mixed colors to his heart's content. He painted two pictures. I rested for a while after all the school sessions were through and then fixed our supper...shredded beef tacos...I forget how much better I like shredded beef than ground beef for my tacos. I had made enchiladas with shredded beef some time back and had frozen the leftover shredded beef...intending to make enchiladas with it, but it got purposed in a different direction...first time that I have made tacos with shredded beef. The time that I have shredded beef tacos is when we are visiting in AZ and I get them at a Mexican restaurant. Mine were pretty good...even if I do say so myself! Woody didn't have a chiropractor appointment today...so a day off. He ran an errand this morning. Sometime this morning while I was having school, Woody made tuna salad for our lunch. Then this evening he and Graham went to invite a neighbor boy to Woody and Graham's sixth grade Sunday School Class. After that he drove to church for his time in the prayer room. He has returned and we are settling in for a quiet evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment