Thursday, August 22, 2013

Between You, Me and the Fence Post!

Williamsburg is known for lots of different types of fences, gates, etc. So when I visit Williamsburg I always try to capture them in some way, shape or form in my photos. Tonight's photos show a sampling of the ones that I took this trip. Woody got up early and headed to Murfreesboro for a dermatologist appointment. This one was to freeze a place or two that happened to be precancerous. I didn't go with him this time since we are in the midst of school. He had been so many times recently that he really didn't need me to navigate and we knew that the procedure wasn't such that he wouldn't be able to drive home. So he had that procedure and was home a little after ten. I hated to miss this day of school since we had already missed Monday. Isaac, Elijah, Graham, Abigail and Esther came over for school time with me. Esther (6) was so happy to get underway with her handsewing project. She will be learning various hand stitches. Today she learned about running stitches. She was very happy to show her family the results of her efforts. The challenge for me is teaching a lefthander to handsew. But I figure that since my mother, a lefthander, was able to show me, a righthander, how to sew, that I should be able to reverse the process and show Esther! I showed her how I do it and then told her to do it the direction and way that was easier for her. She seemed to take right to it. She does certain things right handed so she may end up switching hands during the sewing process (I know that I do!)! After lunch, I put together a jello salad for tomorrow's supper. We are taking supper over to our neighbors (Nathan, Kathy and family). Before I left our kitchen I put a small pork roast and potatoes in the oven for our supper. After I finished cooking, Woody cleaned up the kitchen...such a help! I went upstairs to rest...and at some point my eyes closed and I rested quite well for a while! Once I came out of my "nap fog" I started working on library memorials. A few minutes ago Woody and Graham went to make a visit inviting some of Graham's sixth grade friends to their Sunday School class.

No comments:

Post a Comment