Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Sewing Kind of Day

At least for me it was a "sewing kind of day." Woody and I loaded up the car with lots of sewing paraphernalia and headed to church to make pillowcases for the children at St. Jude's Children's hospital. Woody had to take me as I can't lift the sewing machine (He probably shouldn't have lifted it either!). He helped me get all my stuff inside and then he headed off leaving me to sew the rest of the morning and half the afternoon. We had a very good turn out. Lots of machines humming, lots of irons steaming, lots of rotary cutters slicing and lots of pins poking fabric! I think that the total of pillowcases made at today's workshop was close to 50. I made four of those. I think that a good time was had by all! Woody headed back home after dropping me off to take up a bit of my slack with today's schooling! He read and/or listened to several read. I didn't have him try to do Esther's hand sewing lesson...so tomorrow I'll make up her lesson. I think that Woody almost forgot to pick me up...but he did show up pretty close to the scheduled ending time. We loaded up the car and headed back home. Everything has been brought back in, but it isn't put away as I want to vacuum under where the ironing board stands all the time. I was going to do it right away, but I "played out." I sat down to rest my weary back and it wasn't very long till my eyes closed! Elijah and Esther came over after their supper and invited us to a puppet show. They received a round of applause and then repeated their show a couple of times and then Grammy and Goosey headed back home! That about sums up our day. I'm hoping that the pillowcases that we sewed for these sweet children who are so sick will bring a bit of comfort...the colors are very cheerful...should bring some smiles. I didn't take a single picture, though I meant to...guess I had my nose to the grindstone!

No comments:

Post a Comment