Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Shopping Kind of Day

Woody did our weekly grocery shopping fairly early this morning. After he got home, I put the groceries away. Then he headed off to the public library. Not long after he left, I headed off to the shoe store with Kathy and Graham, Elijah and Isaac--a boy shoe shopping trip. We were successful and it didn't take the boys very long to be happy with their choices. The shoe store wasn't all that busy so on the way home Kathy called the girls and told them to be ready and we would take them shoe shopping, too. They liked that phone call! The boys hopped out of the vehicle and we picked up Abigail, Joy, and Esther and headed back to the shoe store. Satisfying three little girls did take a bit longer than it did for the boys! But in the end all left the shoe store happy! We got quite a colorful array! I have spent time in the sewing room this afternoon, but haven't done much sewing...more straightening up than anything else. Hopefully that will make actual sewing a bit easier! Part of the straightening up was getting clothes ironed that had stacked up on the end of the sewing machine cabinet...a place that they land till I am in the mood to iron! Graham came over after supper wanting a ride to WalMart! I took him, but he didn't find what he was looking for. I know that he was disappointed, but he'll be happy when he does find what he's looking for and still has his money! Wow...two shoe shopping trips and a WalMart trip for me on the same day...definitely more shopping than I have done in a while! Time for me to find my recliner and a good book! Woody is watching a DVD that he checked out from the library today.

No comments:

Post a Comment